Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Welcome to Merry and Bright!

Hello, and welcome to Merry and Bright!  Here at M&B you'll find a generous helping of Christmas content, especially during "the season" from November 1 through the New Year.  The rest of the year you'll enjoy(?) my musings about other holidays, music, books, and more.  Politics - not so much.  There's a better place for politics than Merry and Bright!.

Why "Merry and Bright!"?  The blog name comes from the lyrics of "White Christmas", first recorded by Bing Crosby in 1942.  Since this is a Christmas-themed blog, and since I go by Der Bingle, it seemed like a good blog name.  Sets the tone for the blog.

I hope you all enjoy Merry and Bright! and I look forward to your comments.

Blogs away....

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Der Bingle! I'm so glad you've started a blog to keep us all up on the holidays -- and holiday music in particular. Any good new releases out there this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two that I am most excited about are "Christmas Sessions", a collection of Bing Crosby songs, most of them previously unreleased on CD, and a collection of new recordings by Annie Lennox. There are many other promising new relases (Indigo Girls, Puppini Sisters, Matt Wilson), but those two are at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete