Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ready, Set....

It's been a good week or so for Der Bingle's preparation of the Christmas sharity.  Unlike last year, the artwork processing was very smooth.  I think the scanner is new since last year (although I'm not sure about that).  I have a new laptop which runs *much* faster, and the latest versions of audio and image processing software.  So, everything I have for sharing is ripped, cleaned, scanned, stitched, zipped, and uploaded.  Hmmmm....  kind of sounds like what happened to Scarecrow and Tin Woodman once they reached the Emerald City.

Anyway, I'll be kicking off the sharity season after Thanksgiving.  I have some things this year that I think you all will really enjoy.  Some of the records were pretty clean and pristine, and others were a little rough.  So, a few of the audio tracks have some noise that I couldn't get cleaned out.  We'll just call those a true vinyl simulation experience :-)

I also have some more reviews to do, of CDs I've purchased and others submitted to me by the artists.  So I'll be intermixing those posts in with the shares.  And I'll probably share a few other holiday thoughts and posts along the way.

Today, I and the youngest Bingles put up most of the Christmas lights.  We're about 80% done, and will get the rest up next weekend.  The season is here!

One last thing - another holiday bucket list item is checked off for me.  I got to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band perform "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" live last night, here in Kansas City.  An awesome performance....

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Cool, all of it! And congrats on seeing Springsteen! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete