Monday, September 9, 2013

*Now* You Rear Your Ugly Head, Summertime?

Holy smokes - Ol' Man Summer waited until September 8 to hit 100 degrees in Kansas City.  Over the past few years, it seems that every September we get one penultimate blast of heat in September that reminds us that Fall isn't for a couple more weeks.  (The Last Blast? - usually 2 days in October that hit 93ish, then we settle into cooler weather).

But, I can't complain.  One day at or above 100 this year compared to something like 26 last year.  And, late in the season, I had my AC tuned up on Friday.  So it was ready for the heat :-)

Not that my readers tune in here for the latest in Kansas City weather...

Christmas Music update:  have ripped three or four more albums for sharing since last week, plus one just for me - a 4-record set of Lawrence Welk's Christmas music.  It's in terrific condition, the music is awesome - love that Myron Floren on the accordion - but I can't share it because the music has been released on CD.  I've had it for a couple of years but had not gotten around to ripping it, so I decided it was time.  If you have memories (fond or maybe not quite so much) of the Lawrence Welk Show in the 60s and 70s, give his Christmas music a listen sometime - I think you'll like it.

Next post:  Cuneo Christmas Books - building the collection...

No comments:

Post a Comment