Sunday, October 22, 2017

Vintage Recipes!

I found an old Betty Crocker recipe booklet while sifting through my Mom's many, many collected recipes (I found about 9 different variants of fruitcake, one of which is a no-bake version held together with graham cracker crumbs, orange juice, and melted marshmallows, then frozen in a tube) and thought you might enjoy the seasonal ones.  There isn't a date on the booklet, but I'm guessing it's from the 1960s.  

Cover:

Sugar Plum Dreams:



And two Dickens-inspired recipes:


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. These look great, especially the Sugar Plum Dreams. I might have to have my wife make some for the family, although I'm considering some different flavorings to mix things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was looking for recipes like these to make when she gets her winter break from college. Thank you for a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally made the Sugar Plum Dreams. They turned out great! Thanks so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott - if you take a picture and send it to me, I'll post it here. Glad you enjoyed the recipes!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this brought back memories. I especially remember as a kid enjoying the illustrations. This was included in one of those magazines at the supermarket checkout my mom bought. Woman's Day or Family Circle. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete