Thursday, November 4, 2021

New Music: "I Won't Be Alone on Christmas Day" from Cristina F

New York (Bronx born and raised) singer-songwriter Cristina F leads off our new music features for 2021 with "I Won't Be Alone on Christmas Day", available on November 5.  And what a way to start the season!  


"I Won't Be Alone on Christmas Day" is a great original song from a very talented musician.  An upbeat post-breakup song, Cristina sings of being with family rather than the one with whom prior holidays were spent watching favorite Christmas movies together.  There is a lightness to "I Won't Be Alone on Christmas Day", which really highlights the theme of the love and support of family.  I dig this song a lot.  


"I Won't Be Alone on Christmas Day" officially drops on November 5.  

Cristina F

If you like what you hear, and I think you will, Cristina has two other Christmas songs to enjoy.  "Christmastime Together", a collaboration with Alex Bochel released in 2020, and her take on the modern Christmas classic "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)".  I've become very critical of performances of this song after hearing Laurie Cameron's perfect re-imagining of it as a melancholy song of holiday loneliness, but Cristina F's version gets a big thumbs up. She shows reverence to Darlene Love's iconic version in her performance, along with abundant energy and spirit.  Applause applause!


One more note about Cristina F:  she contacted ol' Der Bingle personally to bring my attention to her new song, and exchanged a few messages to share information about her song, web presence, and her social media.  I have a special appreciation for artists that will reach out and make a personal connection.  Cristina is a very talented singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist, and I encourage you all to check out her new song as well as her back catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment