Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!  

I didn't get to my usual Christmas Eve post this year, because of changes to our usual Christmas Eve/Day schedule.  The Bingle children are all adults, and we have a new Bingle granddaughter this year, so we are happily adapting to new traditions.  We started with a Christmas Eve brunch at our son's place, came back home to watch some NFL football, went to Christmas Eve Mass, picked up Chinese food on the way home, and hung out with the oldest Bingle child and her husband (I guess she would be nee Bingle, to be all society and whatnot), the youngest Bingle, and the dogs.  Had some Glogg (delicious!), hung out, watched A Christmas Story.

Christmas Day saw me up at 6:30, because I love 7:00AM on Christmas Morning.  Tended to the dogs, tended to some stockings, and settled in with coffee and, later, mimosas with breakfast.  Later this afternoon all of the children will be here for gifts and Christmas dinner.  A wonderful day it will be.

I posted on my Facebook today what has become my favorite line from a Christmas song:  "The secret of Christmas is not what you do at Christmastime, but the Christmas things you do all year through".  I truly believe that, and hope the sentiment reaches each of you in your own way.

Many thanks to all of my Christmas music brethren - you're an amazing community to be a part of.  Thanks Ernie, Greg, Rob, Brad, Martin, Joanna, Jason, Tim, Mitchell and everyone else who contributes to the joy we get from sharing joy through music.

And thanks to everyone who stopped in and read a story, heard some new music, learned about a new artist, and downloaded some old music.  It's much appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to the whole Bingle family. We also added a Grandchild to our family five weeks ago. The previous youngest of our first four grand kids turned 18 yo this year. Love your reading and listening on your blog for many years, and look forward to many more. Thanks to you and all of your "Christmas music brethren" for all your work and the joy you share.

    Merry Christmas!!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and yours, nee or not! We had my parents over for Christmas this year, which was certainly new for me. For 52 years I've been at their house for Christmas. But traditions are made to be broken, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! We've made several Christmas Day transitions in the past few years, and will tweak again next year, moving from a big Christmas dinner to more of a soup-n-sandwich-n-sides casual affair. Making new traditions is as much fun as rekindling the old ones.

      Delete
  3. Thank you again for being one of my Christmas traditions! I look forward to visiting you here every year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete