Sunday, November 17, 2019

Fruitcake #1

A couple of years ago my Mom moved from her apartment in Kansas City to live with my sister in Tennessee.  We moved a lot of the things from her apartment to my place, including her many collections of recipes.  She clipped a lot of recipes in her day, and wrote down many more, storing them away in various recipe books. 

As I was going through the collections, I found many holiday treat 'n' sweet recipes.  Including - fasten your seat belt - 10 different recipes for fruitcake.  Now, I've been making a couple varieties of fruitcake myself for 10+ years.  I love a good fruitcake, and yes there are GOOD fruitcakes.  There are bad ones too - if you buy a big bakery store-bought fruitcake, it'll probably be terrible.  Homemade ones, though, can be quite good.

So, this year as a little side project on Merry & Bright, I'll share out with you some of these fruitcake recipes.  I haven't made any of them, but will probably give a couple a try this year.  So, here we go a-ridin' the fruitcake train...

---------------------------------------------------------------

This one is labeled "Dee's Fruitcake", so it is the recipe from my Aunt Dee, who was a darned fine cook and baker, and she lived next door when I was growing up.  My trust in this one is a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale, and is one that I'll probably try out this year.



If you decide to make any of these this year, please post comments and/or pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment