Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010 Sharing Finale pt 2

The last share of this season is the 1963 record "The Life Treasury of Christmas Music".  It is subtitled "A Supplement to the Life Book of Christmas".  I don't have the book, just the record, but it's a very worthwhile addition to anyone's Christmas music collection.

The contents of the record are divided into three "Volumes".  Volume One is "The Glory of Christmas", including tracks 1-8.  Volume Two is "The Pageantry of Christmas" on tracks 9-15,  and Volume Three is "The Merriment of Christmas" with tracks 16-19.  I've included both front and back here on the post this time, and they are also in the zip file.

No modern pop Christmas songs here.  Instead, these are some beautiful renditions of both traditional carols and selections that are not so commonly heard.  The woodcut artwork on the cover sets the mood and theme for this collection of songs. 

Please enjoy The Life Treasury of Christmas Music as you count down the remaining days in this Christmas season.

5 comments:

  1. I finally found two of the three books this year. I'm determined to find the third one, though, before I share 'em! But thanks for sharing the record. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Der Bingle for the great shares.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Der,
    Thanks for all your shares. I appreciate your Christmas musical taste.
    Merry Christmas,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe my good fortune. I have been searching for this recording for decades. I first received this record when I was 7 years old (I'm 57 now) and it is what I remember Christmas by. It got lost in all my many moves and I have missed it each and every Christmas season.

    Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful recording!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome Mike! I'm very happy to re-unite you with this recording.

    ReplyDelete