Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Small Miracle by Peter Collington

Without a doubt, "A Small Miracle" by Peter Collington is my favorite Christmas book.  Without words, Peter Collington tells the story of a Christmastime miracle that comes to an old woman.  The story unfolds though Mr. Collington's wonderful artwork.

Through many "readings" of this book, I found new details each time, adding to the beauty and depth of the story.  There are parts where the reader must imagine what happened off the page, completing the tale.

A Small MiracleBest of all, when my children were younger and not yet reading, they could tell me the story.  It became a favorite part of each Christmas season, having the youngest children read the book and tell me the story that they were seeing.

This is a simply a beautiful and moving book.

I was fortunate to get this book when it was first published, based on a local newspaper review.  Now, on Amazon it is only available in the seller marketplace, and is quite pricey.  Still, if you happen across this in a used book store or other book market, grab it.  You'll enjoy it for many Christmases to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment